Orthodontics What is it?
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry that deals with the correction of upper and lower jaws and tooth intricateness.
Orthodontics Good to know
• The need for orthodontic treatment can only be determined by the dentist or orthodontist.
• Orthodontic treatment should be applied in cases such as unbalanced face and jaw structure, no contact of upper and lower teeth or excessive intertwining.
• Even though orthodontic treatments should start at a young age in order to receive positive results for the patient and the physician, orthodontic treatment can also be applied to adult people.
• The duration of orthodontic treatments can vary between 6 months to 24 months.
• Metal brackets, porcelain (transparent) brackets, lingual brackets and transparent plaques are the types of the braces.